Archive for the ‘Competitions’ Category
Cengage is Awarding a $2500 Scholarship for a Slice of Life
There’s more than one way to peel an orange, and there’s more than one way to learn. As someone who works daily to engage students, you know that they come to your classroom with unique traits and identities.
We want to hear about them! We’re asking students to get creative and put together a short video that illustrates their identity as a unique learner.
We’re awarding a $2500 scholarship for the best video.
DEADLINE: April 19, 2013
Learn all the details about how to apply here: http://www.cengagesites.com/CL/1270/slice/
At The Comedy Bar, we are committed to providing the funniest comedians at the best venue for the lowest prices in Chicago. We aim to establish a new standard for nightlife entertainment.
Procedure for participants:
1. Create an original design (Read Rules + Guidelines)
2. Send the final design/art to email@example.com
3. Participate in the voting process (We will notify you by email when and how to do this.)
4. If you win, we will contact you immediately.
Rules + Guidelines:
1. We are looking for a simple symbol, picture, or logo design.
2. Though this is very broad, there is no specific theme or concept – your art/design concept can be anything!
3. The art/design you submit must be your original work. From concept to execution.
4. Create your design knowing that it will be printed on t-shirts and hats.
5. No work that is only type.
6. In your email, please write “I accept the legal terms and condition”.
7. Please also include in your email a Title and short PARAGRAPH to explain the meaning and intent of your design.
Format of Submitted Piece:
1. Format: Adobe Acrobat Document (*.pdf) (recommended), Adobe Illustrator Artwork (*.ai) (recommended), Adobe Photoshop Image (*.psd) (recommended), JPEG Image (*.jpg, *.jpeg)
2. Resolution: 300 dpi and up. Submit the proper resolution best fit for your piece. However, we may have to reduce the resolution for the printer.
3. Because it will be printed, submit work in RGB mode.
4. Images no larger than 12 in x 12 in (or 305 mm x 305 mm)
Prize for Winner:
One winner will receive shirts and hats with their printed designs. There is also a $100 USD cash prize by paypal.
All submitted pieces will be posted and displayed on deviantart.com under Dawn Bland’s Bayho account.
All contest begins on the 1st of every month.
Voting will begin on the 16th of every month.
Winner announcement will be after 9 AM PST at the end of every month.
If the 1st, 16th or the end of that month is a holiday. The starting or voting or winner announcement date will fall on the following business day.
Bayho, Inc. Design Submission Legal Terms & Conditions
Please reply in email by agreeing below and in consideration of Bayho, Inc. evaluating your Design (hereinafter the “Design”) for its possible use on clothing, wall graphics and hat (the “Items”), you agree to the following terms and conditions (“Design Submission Terms and Conditions”):
If your Design is selected for use by Bayho, Inc., you acknowledge that you assign to Bayho, Inc. the entire right, title, and interest in and to the copyright in your Design including the right to sue for past infringement and the right to further sublicense the Design, for its sole and exclusive use on and in connection with the Items. You also acknowledge that you waive all “moral” rights that you may have in and to your Design.
If your Design is selected, Bayho, Inc. may use your Design in any manner on or in connection with the Items, including but not limited to: reproducing the Design on the Items, selling Items bearing the Design, changing or reworking the Design by making color or size changes, making derivative works of the Design, using the Design on the Bayho, Inc. website and on promotional material for Bayho, Inc., and registering the Design with the US Copyright Office in the name of Bayho, Inc. as the Claimant, and you as the Author. You agree to provide Bayho, Inc. with minimal information as may be required in order to register the copyright in the Design if Bayho, Inc. so requests, at no cost.
You may use or continue to use the Design for any other purposes, except those described below.
If your Design is selected, you may not use the Design (or derivatives of the Design) or allow others to use the Design (or derivatives of the Design) on any Items, as described above. In addition, by submitting your Design, you may not reproduce, sell, or submit the Design to others for any commercial purpose for ninety (90) days after the date of submission while the Design is being evaluated by Bayho, Inc. Once the ninety (90) days have passed, if your Design is not chosen for print by Bayho, Inc., you are free to use the Design for any commercial or non-commercial purpose. However if your Design is used elsewhere, you must notify Bayho, Inc. by email firstname.lastname@example.org. about where and when the Design will be used, so that it can be removed from the Bayho, Inc. website at that time. In addition, if the Design is used or reproduced for commercial purposes elsewhere, you cannot use the Bayho, Inc. blog or forum to promote the Design or the company using the Design. You further agree not to use the Bayho, Inc. blogs and forum to promote the products and services of any company that operates in competition with Bayho, Inc. Bayho, Inc. reserves the right to choose your design after the (90) days have passed, on the condition that the design has not been used for commercial purposes on any Items, as described above.
You acknowledge that the Design you are assigning to Bayho, Inc. is your own original work, has not been previously published, and does not contain any trademarks, logos, copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property belonging to any third party, or any material, which Bayho, Inc. in its sole discretion, deems to be profane or offensive.
You acknowledge that Bayho, Inc. reserves the right to decline to select a Design for consideration for any reason, which are subject to change at any time.
If your Design is selected for use by Bayho, Inc., you will receive: $100 USD cash. Additionally, you will receive $150 cash each time your Design is reprinted. Bayho, Inc. reserves the right to change these payment terms at any time, by posting them on the Bayho, Inc. website, and changes will be effective upon posting. Payment will be based on the terms in effect when your Design is selected. You alone will be responsible for the payment of any tax that arises as a result of receiving payment from Bayho, Inc. Payment will be sent within ninety (90) days after Bayho, Inc. receives hi-resolution artwork deemed suitable for print. If the hi-resolution artwork is not deemed suitable for print as determined by Bayho, Inc., Bayho, Inc. will notify you of the reason(s) for its determination by email and will make a good-faith effort to assist you in presenting a suitable hi-resolution format.
Participants, who in the opinion of Bayho, Inc., do not comply with these Design Submission Legal Terms and Conditions, or for any other reason at Bayho, Inc.’s sole discretion, can at any time be excluded from consideration without notice.
The decisions of Bayho, Inc. are final and binding.
We’ve shown you ours…now show us yours! We’re looking for new designs for our next series of condoms, and we want your help in our art competition.
Winning designs receive a cash prize, a donation of condoms in your name and a year’s supply of condoms featuring your own design!
Anyone who is not a design professional may enter the Open Division – including art students and talented art enthusiasts who design in their spare time.
Now, there are more chances to enter. Every two months, we’ll kick off a new round of submitting and voting. Contestants may submit up to three designs in each round leading up to the finals.
To be included in the contest, each design must:
- Be appropriate for all audiences. Designs that are offensive or X-Rated will not be included. We appreciate all forms of art, but remember these products will be sold in drugstores and supermarkets.
- Be original. Designs that violate copyrights or trademarks will not be included.
How to Enter:
- Create a striking design. Your original image can be a drawing, photo, or design. Be bold. Be creative. Show us what you’ve got!
- Upload your design at ONECondoms.com. Images should be at least 250 x 250 pixels. You’ll be able to include your ONE liner, using our online editing tool. Images not formatted correctly with our online editing tool will not be considered for judging and on-line voting.
See below for a schedule of submission and voting rounds. During each two-month period, artists are submitting new designs, and the public is voting on designs submitted during the previous round. Contestants may enter as many rounds as you’d like, with no more than three submissions per round.
How Winners are Selected:
In each round, the public will vote on designs, and the 10 designs with the highest ranking will advance to the finals. At the end of the preliminary rounds, the 50 finalists will compete through on-line voting and review by a panel of judges. Combined scores from the public and the judges will determine a grand prize winner and four runners-up.
- $500 Cash
- Your design produced on ONE® condom wrappers
- Year’s supply of ONE® Condoms (365)*
- 5,000 condoms donated to a health organization in your name
- A Plaque featuring your design
Runners-Up (4 people):
- $100 Cash
- Your design produced on ONE® condom wrappers
- Year’s supply of ONE® Condoms(365)*
- Award Certificate
- 1,000 condoms donated to a health organization in your name
Finalists (50 people):
- ONE® Condom 12-Pack
- ONE® T-Shirt
The wisdom of crowds.
Who decides which designers get into the minted collection? You do. Our design challenges are voted on by our users and winners are picked to be sold on minted.com. Tell us what to sell, vote for your favorite designs in our latest challenge.
No limits to your creativity.
We’re here to help realize your vision for great design on paper. At Minted, all that matters is how good your design is. You submit, and the Minted community votes to tell us what to sell.
Are you a design genius?
Join a community of talented designers just like you.
- Win cash prizes.
- Earn 6% of ongoing revenues.
- Get commissioned to create Minted originals.
- Get Minted: Submit a design.
1st Place: $1000, 2nd Place: $500, 3rd Place: $250, 4th – 30th Place: $100
Special Awards: $250 each. Editor’s Picks: $100 each. All winning designs will receive 6% commission on top of the cash prize. Click the green “submit a design” button for more information.
Take some time to come up with the best original idea you can think of. We’re not talking your fraternity’s logo or a photo of your new puppy. We’re talking an idea so amazing that your eyeballs may explode if you stare too long!
Use our submission kit for templates and to learn about all the various incredibly awesome specialty ink and print methods we offer.
Use the templates provided in the submission kit to prepare your design files. Click the “Submit a design” button below, follow the instructions and fill out the form to submit your design for presentation to the Threadless community.
Over a period of 7 days, the Threadless community will score and comment on your submission. These scores and comments will help us decide which designs should become the next Threadless tees!
- $2,000 in cash
- $500 Threadless Gift Certificate (can be redeemed for $200 cash)
- $500 in cash each time your design is reprinted
- Alumni Club Membership including a Medal of Honor and other goodies
My grandmother–who is surprisingly techie, though naturally crafty–turned me on to a custom fabric site called Spoonflower. Not only can you order amazing custom-designed fabrics, but you can also submit your own designs to be printed. Much like Etsy or Cafepress, you can set up your own shop of designs for other people to buy your fabrics. They also have weekly contests, in a variety of themes.
So…if you want a challenge, or simply need to practice your illustration skills, create a few patterns and submit for voting. Here are the details: http://blog.spoonflower.com/upcoming-spoonflower-contests.html
Upcoming themes: Graffiti/Street Art + Art Deco…but this is always updating, so check the link above for more current topics.
(above images: past contest winners)