Archive for the ‘Internships’ Category
Familiar with wordpress, html uploading (dreamweaver) and some coding helpful.
Please send resume asap. Can start right away.
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 9-5pm.
Flexible 5 hours per day.
Don’t just gain experience during your internship get paid too! We are an automotive marketing firm responsible for producing creative solutions to auto dealerships nation wide for the last 20 years.
We seek a hard working, enthusiastic designer that is looking to gain industry experience. You must have professional skills in Adobe Creative Suite, with strong understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and be able to work fast, with minimal mistakes.
This is a paid internship; you must be able to commute to our downtown location as well as work remotely. Some work will be conceptual but most design work will have specific set of standards and guidelines that must be followed. The duration of the internship is approximately 10-20 hrs/week starting immediately and throughout the summer, with the possibility of continuing work for a successful candidate.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why this would be a good fit for you. What can you add to our team!
Posted March 3, 2013on:
Faced-paced marketing firm representing an array of clients in the Chicagoland area is in need of a Junior Graphic Designer looking to kick off their career and contribute to a small team of busy designers. At least one year of experience is necessary. Must demonstrate a solid understanding of graphic design, web design, maintenance and basic html/css principles.
• 4-year degree in Graphic Design or an equivalent focus
• 1-2 years of career experience
• Available for Full-Time employment, with ability to commute to our downtown corporate office daily
• Digital portfolio (online or pdfs) available for review prior to interview
• Demonstrated skills in Graphic design and Web design/basic development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to make appropriate design decisions quickly and efficiently
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Must be self-motivated, be able to take direction, dive into a project and know when to call it a wrap.
• Ability to work pleasantly and effectively with off-site designers, developers, printers and clients via email, phone, skype or IM.
• Ability to ready a file for print production, as well as manage in-house printing needs.
• Ability to follow-up with Art Director/Senior Designer and upper management to get the approval/answers needed to keep your project on track.
• Adobe CS6 — Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash
• Microsoft Office suite — Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote
• Working understanding of HTML, CSS and XML — enough to manipulate & update existing documents/pages using Flash and Dreamweaver, or through customization of a template, through WordPress, for example.
• CMS systems (experience working within or willingness to learn). There will be many occasions on which you will be asked to update client websites through a custom CMS rather than the original source .fla, .html or .aspx file.
• Email marketing (experience working within or willingness to learn) We specifically work with CoolerEmail to create, send, and track emails.
• Social Media marketing for restaurant, nightclub and Salon/Spa businesses (experience working within or willingness to learn)
• Layout and initial design of print promotional material such as: logos, business cards, flyers, posters, ads, signage, gift cards, brochures, menus, etc.
• Getting pricing and specs for various print projects & advertising
• Tracking down brand-appropriate, royalty-free stock images
• Layout and initial design of interactive promotional material such as: digital and banner ads, emails, web-flyers, webpages, online sales/promotions, etc
• Assisting with user interface design, usability testing and error/bug-identifying on new and existing webpages
• Assistance managing and streamlining our clients’ online reputations — facebook, twitter, yelp, google+, pinterest
• Assistance tracking, analyzing and communicating new page activity & trends to upper management
• Assistance updating client websites via source file manipulation and CMS
• Reporting to and assisting the Art Director/Senior Designer with graphic and web design tasks each day
• Willingness to dig-in and learn about our brands and about the programs we use each day to manage them
To apply for this position:
Email your resume, a link to your online portfolio, and 3 references with a short description about yourself and why you feel you would be an asset to our company to email@example.com